Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Monday, May 16, 2011

Multitudes on Monday

My heart is full this morning. Full of the joy that only comes from my Savior. Knowing that His mercies are new every morning. Knowing his love is not dependant upon mine for Him. Knowing that no matter how much I love, His is so much more. Knowing He has a plan and it is perfect and mine is not. Knowing all this, trusting it, believing it, and becoming free of all the worry, guilt, stress...brings joy that fills me today.

On this journey of counting blessings, gifts in each day, the small stuff and the big stuff; my heart becomes less and less full of the yuck and the muck, and fuller- joyful, hopefully more like His.

#'s 668 - 686
-for the gift of 30+ kids to teach Your Word, O Lord, each week
-to be able to help children who otherwise have no help
-the ministry of Mike and Pam Rozell
-Potter's Field Ministries
-PFK interns
-reconciled relationships
-Daisy dog kisses
-early morning Isabelle smiles
-Izzy's sweet, loving character
-Ethan dancing
-Audrey- so sleepy at supper
-meatloaf and fried potatoes
-new waffle maker = YUMMY waffles!
-Master mix (More-with-less cookbook)
-beautiful birds of Costa Rica
-feeding hungry kids
-cuddling with Audrey
-reading a good book...or 2...or 3 :)
-Abigail's story of wisdom and peace



and the greatest gift...the One that never stops giving...the One with whom all giving began...
#687  Jesus Christ

2 comments:

Craig said...

Brooke, contentment – that I have. Peace I have so long as I continue to want our Lord's will above my own. The Christian joy that comes from knowing this life means something – and will not and – that I have too. I have a life that hasn't had much of the "only" joy – so I am double grateful for having the joy that comes from above.

And I look at your list – because I love picking out a favorite – and it's this one – feeding hungry kids. I picked it because blogging in this community have come to know a world full of great moms – so I know how much it means to a mom to make a meal and have the kids gobble it up. So this one made me smile the most. God bless you and all of yours this day Brooke.

The McClain's said...

Blessings to you, too.