Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy 11th Birthday Ethan Matthew!

May 9, 2000: Eleven years ago - I remember it so well...the anticipation, the fear, the excitement, the understanding that my whole world was about to change...

Ethan, your are my first born, my only son, my oldest child. In so many ways, you are like me; yet in so many ways you are so much like your father.

Every day is an adventure with you, my son. You bring such joy into my life. You have an incredible imagination and you are so creative. You are a true Lego engineer and can create amazing scenes and sets with your Legos.

You love Jesus and this makes my heart the most happy. You are safe in His arms and sealed forever with the holy Spirit because of your belief in Christ. One day we'll both live together forever in heaven, with your Dad and sisters, too.

You are 11 today, my sweet son. So many years have passed by so quickly. These years are sure to be tough as you discover who you really are in Christ and learn how to live for Him. As you walk through these next years, Jesus will be right there with you. My prayer is you will follow Him, and not the ways of the world. My heart leaps when you tell me of your thoughts and desires about your future. I know and claim the promis of God's good plans for you, my brave young man.

I love it when you talk to me at night about your fears, your troubles, things you think about, things that you don't understand. I love when you want me to tickle you and ask me to...then when you try hard not to laugh but just can't help it and it bursts out and your whole face is one big smile!

I love that you share my passion to read. You are a brilliant artist, Ethan. Never give up on your dreams. Work hard all the time in all things, because all you do is an act of service to Jesus.

I wish I could protect you from all that is ugly in this world. But I am thankful that I can teach you all your days, every day about the One who can and will protect you from all things, your Great Protector, your Rescuer, Jesus. He loves even more than me, which is hard for me still to understand.

I love you, my little man.

You are always and forever our Bud.

Happy Birthday, Tito!

Love,
Mommy

Once upon a time...















From our first years in Costa Rica:


















To recent years...

As I reflect on our life together my son, my fellow blogger Ann expresses my heart about you and I...

No comments: