Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Monday, June 27, 2011

July Prayer Letter

Below you'll find the test to our July Pryer letter. If you'd like to receive these updates through email please leave a comment and your email address and we'll add you to the list!

“Be agreeable, be sympathetic, be loving, be compassionate, be humble. That goes for all of you, no exceptions.” 1 Peter 3:8 The Message




Potter’s Field Kids (Las Manos del Alfarero)

June has been an encouraging month for us, both in ministry and in our family. We ended the second book in Bible Club and again were so pleased at the hard work and dedication of the kids who completed their books, including several of the 4-6 year olds. We also saw a breakthrough in the English class, as we have finally seen recognition and retention. Several kids gave short presentations at Parent’s Night this month in English and it was very encouraging for us all! And, we are seeing fruit from the months of studying Genesis in both the Potter’s Field Kids and in Bible Club. We wrapped things up last week with an overall review and it was super encouraging to hear how much the PFK kids have retained. Please pray for our teammate, Victor, and our three interns, Michaela, Justine, and Natalie, as they run the ministry while we are in the States. Potter’s Field Kids will continue to run on an adjusted schedule and Bible Club will continue as normal. Please pray for Natalie and Michaela, as they take over the English class and Justine as she takes over the cooking and becomes the official photographer. Pray for these precious kids while we are away. Our hearts are heavy as we leave for this visit to be away from those who’ve become our family here. We are so thankful for Victor, Pastor Phil and Rebecca, the ladies of the church who faithfully help each week, and the PFK interns that the ministry will continue in our absence. Praise God for His provision!

 
We are so very thankful for Potter’s Field Ranch and PF Ministries and the HUGE support they are for the ministry here, both in the form of financial support as well as sending awesome young people who are seriously committed to obediently serving Jesus. One of these ladies is Michaela Schwarz. She is serving her second term with us and is a blessing to all those who know her. The Lord has done a truly amazing work in her life and we’d like for you to join us in praying for her and for His continued work in her life. The following is her testimony of God’s mercy, grace and love in her life. “Though I was raised in a Christian home and I called myself a Christian all of my life, my words were contrary to my actions. I was around 12 when I started becoming rebellious, which grew worse as I got older.  In high school, I started going to youth group and really liked the church, though I was still a different person at home and with my friends than at church.  But after some huge problems in my family came up, I lost any desire to follow God.  I started cutting, starving myself and started getting into drugs.   I soon became extremely weak and sick.  After being rushed to the ER by my parents, I was sent to a rehabilitation center.  I got kicked out after only being there for a few hours, but after a week in the hospital was allowed back in. After spending 3 months there, I left and started back up all the things that I was doing before.  It wasn’t until the youth pastor of the church I had attended sat me down and told me some really hard things.  He and his wife explained to me where my choices were leading and showed me the life and freedom that is found in Christ alone. I finally broke down and ran into the arms of the Father who had been calling me to him for so long.  God put a passion for children and missions on my heart and almost exactly a year out of rehab I was heading off to Potter’s Field Ministries in Northern Montana. It’s amazing who God chooses to use for His glory!  Now I’m working with the ministry full time and am growing in His abundant grace every day, ready to follow wherever He leads.  Hebrews 12:1-3”
 
We are so thankful the Lord has provided for this visit to the States! Please pray for us as we spend much needed time with family this year, as well as several supporting churches. Pray for a special night of sharing in July (see next page for more). Please pray that all we do and say be glorifying to Jesus and that His great work here in Costa Rica be made known there. Please pray for the PFK kids as they reach the half-way mark in school– pray they find the courage to keep studying. Pray for those who lack loving, caring homes. Please pray for those who suffer from neglect. Please pray for Pastor Phil and Calvary Chapel Church. We are thankful for those God has allowed us to serve with over the years. Please pray for fellow missionaries serving in San Jose, the Kuzdas family. Pray also for the Droke’s here in Guanacaste, as they make disciples and shepherd new believers in a poor, spiritually dark area called Matapalo. Praise God for the opportunity to study God’s Word (in English!) with Ron and Meredith, while our kids get to have P.E.-pool time!



No comments: