Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Prayer for Baby Emma

It is with a deep aching in my heart that I share with you tonight the prayer request of my dear friend Sue Wolfe. PLease read her email below and please pray for sweet grandbaby Emma, who is a very sick little girl. Please pray.


"Hello All,

I have had the privilege of being able to stay with Emma at the hospital all of last week and again this week. I know that she is indeed a very sick little girl, and that only by the grace of God and with the help of modern medicine have I been charmed to see her biggest smiles. I been able to watch and help her play with her toys, I have had the joy of having her listen intently and reach for the pages as I have read books to her, I have watched her kick her legs with glee when her brothers Caleb and Tyler come into her room or if she even sees a picture of them. I have also witnessed a parade of nurses and Dr's stop in just to say hello to "sweet little Emma" and to get a smile from her. Emma seems to be extra special to all of them. (Yesterday Tim was able to be with me at the hospital to also witness all of these events for himself!) I have also tried to calm her when she was in such severe pain that it took two doses of morphine, plus one of another strong painkiller, all given within a matter of minutes, to help her rest comfortably.

Today I am asking for extra prayers for Emma. Many of you already know that she is in surgery, her fourth major heart surgery in her 9 1/2 months. It is going to be a longer and tougher day than we had anticipated. The surgeon was in a couple of hours ago to tell us of really four possible outcomes for today's surgery. She is a very sick little girl and he has already cancelled his other surgery of the day and will focus just on Emma. (I know that this is already a full week of surgeries, so please pray for the child, and the family of the child, whose surgery has been postponed.) Pray for the entire surgery team and those that will care for her in the days to come, that God will give them the wisdom to make the decisions that will provide for the best outcome for little Emma.

For Emma, please pray first and foremost that she survives the surgery as it will be tough on her. Pray that when they try to take her off the heart-lung machine that her sick little heart will again function and she will not have to placed on ECMO. (ECMO is very similar to the heart-lung machine that if necessary, continues to do the work of her heart and lungs after the surgery.) Finally, pray that she will be strong enough to survive until the day that she receives a new heart. (Once that day arrives, pray for the family that will lose the child that will provide Emma with a heart.)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11. Pray for that hope and that future for sweet little Emma.

Steph will continue to update throughout the day at: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/wolfekids

Thanks and love to you all,
Sue (for Tim too)"

No comments: