Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Monday, October 11, 2010

I sit here tonight listening to the sounds of the chirping cricket outside and the football game on the tv. Kids are in bed sleeping, dishes still waiting to be done, but it was time to stop and put the tired feet up. I realize how little I actually get to sit and blog anymore. I often think about all that I could share, especially in the mornings as I read God's word and He reveals to me His heart more and more each day. I sit each morning at His feet in awesome wonder at how truly great He is. Today I looked out bour bedroom window and noticed how extremely green everything was. The bright green palm leaves and brillant red flower from across the street. The nearby mountain, now completely covered in neon green foliage. I sat talking with Elvita today and noticed how very green and soft her grass looked...how I thought about kicking off me shoes and going barefoot around her yard for a few minutes.

We have a Creator. One who is mighty to save; One who is our Provider; One who is our Rock; One who knows us from the inside out, and yet still, while we were separated from Him by our sin, loved us and poured out His grace upon us and was obedient to His father, who is Our Father, to the point of death on a cross...all that we might be saved from the punishment we deserve for our sins and so that we could receive eternal life with him and life abundant.

There is so much going on in the lives of those around us and in the lives of our friends and family back in the states. Would you please join us in prayer for those we love?

Please pray for our friend Ronny, who is struggling to break free from drugs and alcohol.

Please pray for our friends Marcella and Jorge, for reasons I cannot share.

Please pray for the granddaughter of our good friends, Tim and Sue Wolfe, Emma. She will have yet another surgery tomorrow on her little heart. She is nine months old and this will be her foourth heart surgery. Please visit CaringBridge.org and type in 'wolfekids' to read her story.

Please pray for our good friends Mike and Sharon Druley, as Mike battles cancer.

Please pray for the ministry in San Jose and the Finca building project.

Please pray for Calvary Chapel church Villarreal.

Please pray for Potter's field Kid's and the weekly Bible Clun that has begun. Please pray for our friend and teammate Victor and his family.

Thank you for partnering with us in the ministry of prayer.

No comments: