Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Saturday, October 16, 2010

I've been tagged!

I've been tagged in a question blog hop (I didn't know what was this was before today) where one blogger tags another blogger and asks them to answer certain questions about herself. Courtney, my longtime friend whom I love dearly, has tagged me. Check out her blog- she has an amazing developing gift for photography. If you need any photos taken and you are in IN, I would totally recommend her! :)

So, here are her questions to me and my answers.

1) What is the best vacation you’ve ever had in your life?
The best vacation of my life? Well, this hardly seems like a fair question since I DO live in year-round, tropical climate 5 minutes from the beach and we have to travel every three months to a different country to renew our Visas...but I remember when I was about 13 and my parents, brother and I were able to fly out to Oregon to visit my grandparents (my dad's parents) for a couple weeks. It was an incredible trip. And then, last month, we were able to take Matt's parents, Roger and Sue, with us to Nicaragua for our Visa trip and it was a one of the sweetest time we've ever had with them. It is so incredibly wonderful the way God has blessed me. My parents were never able to take us on vacations when we were kids. I can remember only that one trip to Oregon and a trip to TN/KY. We were able to take weekend trips occasionally, but only a couple real vacations. Later, in my youth, I was able to travel with both the band and with what was then FHA. I always desired to be able to travel though, and God has answered that dream of mine in such a big way. I am very thankful for His blessings in our lives.

2) What is your most cherished childhood memory?
I honestly don't have many childhood memories, but one thing I do remember is the time I had with my Gran (my mom's mom) and my Great Grandma Adair (Gran's mom). I still vivdly remember Grandma Great's smile, her hands, her little puppy that sat on the foot of the fireplace, her cabinet with the cookie jar in it, the field behind the new house, and the drawer we were allowed to play with in her house with the jacks in it. And I cherish all the time I had with my Gran. I can't ever express what she meant to me in a way that says all that I feel. I will never forget the things she saved, her thriftiness, her special gifts and notes, the way she drank coffee (to this day I drink mine the same way!), and her love for the Lord.

3) If given a complete freedom to start afresh, what profession would you choose and why? I guess that the only thing to say here is that I have been given a fresh start- God has allowed us to live our dream on the mission field and I wouldn't change it for anything else. There is nothing that can compare to what He has allowed us to be witness to in the past three years. NOTHING!

4) What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
Aside from selling everything we had, packing up our three kids and moving to a developing country? you mean? heeheehee :)
Ummm...well...that would have to be getting a tattoo- yeah- that was the craziest thing I ever did...and now the secret's out! (Please no judemental comments, I was 18, not walking with the Lord and that's the story...)

5) If you could retire anywhere (money is no object here) where would you go?
Oh my goodness! I hope the Lord returns before I am old enough to retire! Seriously! But it would be fantastic to travel the world in retirement- London, France, Africa, Australia, through Central and South America, and Asia, see Jersuslam, the Dead Sea. Just to travel and see God's Creation.

So, now it's my turn to tag my blogging friends. I'm tagging a high school friend, Megan, at Megs Five. She has an amazing testimony of God's greatness and grace and mercy. Check her out here and I'm also tagging my dear friend Erin, whom I met in language school. Check out her life here.

And here are there questions:
1. What was the happiest moment of your life.
2. Share with us the most difficult time in your life.
3. If you had the choice between living on a deserted island all alone (think Castaway) or living the life of a perpetual backpacker, having no home, always traveling from place to place, with virtually only what was in your backpack, which would you choose and why?
4. What is your favorite place in the world?
5. What three scriptures are most special to you and why?

Hope to hear your responses, Megan and Erin, if you are able.

A big thanks to Courtney, who got this started for us. It was a great reflective time for me to think through her questions.

No comments: