Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Friday, May 15, 2009

"Well, that explains it!"

Yesterday, we took the kids to a nearby park to let the older ones ride their bikes. We had to do a few errands before we went so I grabbed a few things to have a picnic with before playing at the park. I brought crackers, tuna, mayo, juice boxes and a couple small bags of chips.

As we were eating, all three kids were ooohhing and aaahhing over the food. You would have thought I had cooked a full course fancy-smancy meal or something. There was a chorus of "WOW, Mom, this is so good!" Thanks MOM"! "Great lunch!"

Ethan, between bites, says, "Mom, did you take classes to learn to cook or something?" To which I responded, "Well, actually I did take cooking classes when I was in high school." (That was when home-making values were still respected and thought to be useful...and you could still actually choose home-ec or vocational classes)

He looks at me very matter-of-factly and says, "Well, that explains it! It is obvious!"

Way to go, Mrs. Mosson! The fruit of your labor speaks!!! :)

No comments: