Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy 9th Birthday, Ethan!!!!

Today Ethan Matthew McClain is 9 years old! It does not seem possible, honestly. I can remember my pregnancy, the wonder and awe of him growing inside of me, I remember him being born and the utter fear of being responsible for this little person, then his smile and laugh and the ways he has changed and grown over the years. But, it has flown by. Nine years!!! When said, it seems like quite a long time, but to me, today thinking back, I cannot believe how fast the time has gone.

We started the day by singing him our family birthday song ("This is the Day") and then I made chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast, his favorite! Mimi had brought us a Ben 10 Omnitrix watch from the states and we gave that to him this morning (He LOVES Ben 10) and the girls bought him Ben 10 cards, which they all three collect. (Think baseball cards, but super cheap).

This afternoon we have some surprises planned, too.

Pease pray for my baby boy today. God is growing him into a handsome caring loving young man and I am so blessed to be able to be his mom.

Here is a few pictures from the years.

Ethan about 2 1/2 months old (Look at those rolls!!!)





Proud big brother with his adorable little sisters (just turned 5)






Last year of preschool (5 1/2 years) Sooo handsome!!!






First lost tooth (about 7 years)






This was taken on our Nicaragua trip. He loves to explore and swim and he is just such a wonderful unique kid! We love him so much and he brings us great joy. We are forever grateful to God for allowing us the privelege to parent this cool little boy!




**The comments seem to be messed up and I cannot figure out how to fix them....Sorry about that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday little/big man! WOOHOO!!! HOpe you enjoyed your day!