Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Saturday, May 30, 2009

"Be More 'pacific!'"


Funny conversation between Ethan and I the other evening:
We were at an ice cream shop getting ice cream (Matt had his wisdom teeth pulled this week and could not eat solid foods for two days, so we all got ice cream the first night :) ) Ethan and I went in to order and there was a 90's song I knew song on the radio, but it was in Spanish. So, I was singing along in English as we made our decisions and I heard the guy working in the shop singing along in Spanish. The thought crossed my mine that was kinda cool :)

After we ordered, the following conversation took place:
Mommy: Ethan, that was cool. I was singing that song in English as that guy sung along in Spanish.
Ethan: What song, Mom?
Mommy: The one that was just on the radio.
Ethan: Which radio?
Mommy: When we came in the ice cream shop, there was a song playing on the radio. Didn't you hear it?
Ethan: Oh. Yes, I did. But, Mom, you have to be more "pacific."
Mommy: (Smiling) Oh really? Like be more blue...like the ocean?
Ethan: (smiling) Oh. What's that word?
Mommy: S-P-E-C-I-F-I-C
Ethan: Oh yeah. Specific. Yeah. Pacific is the ocean. Mom, you have to be more specific.

We had a really great laugh afterwards while we were waiting for the ice cream.

God has blessed us with a wonderful, easy-going son. Moments like that evening seem so few anymore. Just hanging with him, talking and joking around. It was really fun. Amazing how simply just being with your kids builds up your relationship with them.

Thank you Father, for moments like that night that you bless us with. Moments to just be with our kids and each other. Father I pray that we follow your leading and guard our family unit, our marriage, and most importantly, our time with you. Allow us to just be with you. Help us remember that you crave times like those with us and grow in our desire for times like that with you. As we feel life get out of balance, pull us back in the circle and keep us going straight. I love you, Lord.

No comments: