Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Wednesday, May 20, 2009

"I like it. I really like it!"

Today I was discussing a home remedy for stomach worms...yeah...it's a possibility Audrey has 'em...poor girl...so I was discussing this ability the seeds of a papaya have to take away the worms with fellow CLF missionary Debbie, today. She has served in the jungles of Venezuela and has a wealth of information on all sorts of things. She filled me in on what to try for Audrey. So, as we were saying good-bye, Isabelle asked about the "experiement" we were going to try with Audrey (the eating of the seeds). She was confused about eating seeds since usually you do not eat the seeds of fruits. I reminded her of how much she likes passion fruit and you eat the seeds in it. She says, "Oh yeah...they kinda taste like boogers." short pause..."I like it. I really like it!"

Not quite sure of the actual meaning, but hoping the reference was to the passion fruit. This was too funny not to share...out of the mouths of babes...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey girl - do some research on papaya seeds first - there is definitely some controversial stuff about it. But albendazole is very effective stuff - and it's one pill - WHO recommends it - it's what we give for the kids out in the village. Poor girl - hope she's okay - I have our whole family on worm prevention because of where we work - good for 6 months.

Rhoda said...

I totally busted up on this one! Kids say the funniest things. It was good to catch up on your blog--I confess Facebook kinda' competes with my blog-reading time anymore, but at least I can see a little of your life there as well. Have a good day!

The McClain's said...

Thanks Erin! I have never even thought about worms before...nor did I know that you take preventitive medicine. Audrey couldn't swallow the seeds anyway, so I'm going tomorrow morning to the pharmacy to get meds...maybe I'll get them for us all?

Thanks, Rhoda! My kids sure do say funny things sometimes! :) They crack me up too!!!