Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Monday, January 17, 2011

Multitudes on Monday

Today, as I open up my email I read these words from Our Daily Bread devotional...
Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. —Psalm 119:105


I’ve always thought that I could get through just about anything if the Lord would tell me what the outcome would be. I believe that “all things work together for good” in the end (Rom. 8:28), but I’d do a lot better in dark times if I knew exactly what the “good” would look like.

But God usually doesn’t show us where He is taking us. He just asks us to trust Him. It’s like driving a car at night. Our headlights never shine all the way to our destination; they illuminate only about 160 feet ahead. But that doesn’t deter us from moving forward. We trust our headlights. All we really need is enough light to keep moving forward.
Isn't that it. We desperately desire to see what's ahead in our life. We want to know. We are so impatient in this journey. Don't we know best?

Yet, while driving an automobile in the dark we only are able to see some hundred feet in front of us in the dark, yet we are totally cool with that...

Doesn't quite add up when you stop and think about it.

If we focus on the Word to be our guide, our path will always be bright and our feet will not stumble.
Lord, may this be so for me today...

Still counting... (and, just so you know, it's not about the number and all about HIM)

#105 holding my Little Man's hand
#106 watching old videos of the kids
#107 the blessing of living in a tropical climate
#108 coming home to the totally unexpected- dinner cooked, table set, Matt waiting all smiles :) what a true gift he is to me...
#109 laughing at nothing, privcate smiles
#110 really enjoying each other again
#111 reading on a beach towel in the dsand at the beach...in Jaunary :)
#112 playing games with Ethan
#113 a peaceful day
#114 worshipping together with the Body of Christ
#115 seeing new faces at church, hardly any empty seats
#116 a quiet night away with a good friend
#117 friends who speak the truth into my life with love
#118 a good night sleep
#119 Daddy date night=movie in bed

Will you join me in counting God's goodness and grace today?

No comments: