Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Wednesday, January 12, 2011

1-11-11; Happy Birthday!; and 500th post (How's that for a title?)

Today was one of those funny date days- 1/11/11...we tend to make a note of these days in our family. Maybe you do this, too? :) No special signifigance, just a cool little fact to share about today :)

This post also marks my 500th post since the beginning of this blog in July 2007! WOHOO! We've come a long way, Baby! I've looked back over different posts from time to time and I contune to be amazed at God's provision, wisdom and timing over these last several years in our lives. The blessings are too numerous to count (although I'm taking note now...keeping track...filling with joy). God is so good, so mighty, so powerful, so just, so GOD! And the ride, the journey, this adventure is the best life ever!

I can think of no better way to mark a 500th post then to share our evening with you.

Today is Dinorah's 32nd birthday. We met for discipleship today and after we had finished she closed in prayer and thanked the Lord for her another year of life, which clued me in that today is her birthday, otherwise she never would have said anyrthing to me. So, I came home after we were finished and started going though cookbooks and looking at the ingredients I had. I decided on making brownies- first time I've ever even attempted to make them from scratch.

Yep.

Every single time i have ever made brownies in my LIFE has been from a box!

GASP!!

:)

Anyway....moving on...

I found a wonderful sounding recipe that called for Hershey's chocolate syrup, which I just happened to have saved back from our last trip to Nicaragua.

(Yes, I totally bought chocolate syrup in Nicaragua because it was cheaper there! Souveniers...no...chocolate syrup- yes!)

So, I whipped up the brownies and had a can of icing left from Christmas time baking and spread them thick with that icing when they were done.

We got out a candle, I cut up the brownies and put them on a plate and we walked over and called everyone out of the house to sing. It was beautiful!

Absoultely beautiful!

We ate (and they were DELICIOUS!) and sat and talked for awhile until it got dark and the mosquitoes came out. Then we hugged, sanpped some photos and came back home.

And I am still full of joy. I have missed so much evenings like this with our family back there it felt so right to celebrate the life of someone I love dearly who is like my family here.


Dinorah and Brooke on Dinorah's 32nd birthday

Matt and Brooke, Ronny and Dinorah


Doña Elvita and Isabelle
When we got home, the kids got showers, I finished up supper, and then we ate. During supper the kids told Matt all about the two chapters of Little House on the Prairie we read today. Then we got the idea to see if we could find them on the internet- which we did on You-Tube. It was great! We watched parts of several episodes for about an hour! It was so neat to see how mush they enjoyed the shows and seeing the characters come to life. Audrey especially enjoyed Mr. Edwards.
I've now got the job to find them on DVD and figure out how to get them here, as a combined birthday present for them all! They will love them! :) And so will we!

Have a blessed week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We have the whole series so you can borrow them any time. :)