Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Sunday, August 1, 2010

Date with my Izzy

Since I went on a date with Audrey the other day, Isabelle has been asking when it is her turn...so today her and I went. We shared a smoothie at the same place Audrey and I went and sat at the same table. I told her the story of Audrey and I sitting at the same table and what Audrey had said to me that day about being so tall and Iz and I shared a few laughs and smiles about her little sister.

I asked Izzy if she had changed her mind about what she wanted to be when she grew up or if she still wanted to be a MegaSuper checker girl or a doctor or a teacher. She said she had decided that being a MeguSuper girl was too hard of work for her because swiping things and checking prices all day is really hard...since Audrey told her that she wanted to be a Train-arian (veteranarian- how do you spell that?) she (Iz) had decided she wanted to be a teacher.

"But I don't know that much Spanish," she said.
"Why do you need Spanish?" I asked her.
"To teach the kids here," she said!

Oh, well of course, why didn't I think of that? Of course she would think we would still be living here...this is her home...

I asked her if she thought God would ask her to go to another country that spoke Spanish and she said she thought He might do that. I asked her if she thought she would be a missionary when she grew up and she said, as matter of fact as I have ever seen her: "I already am, remember?"

Oh, my Isabelle, I love you so much!

No comments: