Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Is this for real?

So much has changed over the past year. Today I realized that even though I still have a LOOOOOOOOOONNNNNGGGG way to go to even being near fluent at Spanish, there is a HUGE difference between right now and last January. Here's my proof: As I was reading my devotional this morning, the one I am doing in Spanish (yes, I am doing a daily devotional...in Spanish- but wait- that isn't the proof), I was formulating my response to the question in my head. I was thinking it through in English (I think) and then I realized that I was thinking in English and realized that as I had been writing the answer I was probably writing in English, so I prepared to erase it and rewrite it in Spanish. But I looked at the paper and realized my answer was indeed in Spanish. Somehow my thoughts in English transpired to the paper in Spanish- grammatically correct Spanish! This has to mean that I have arrived at some type of milestone in my language learning, right? Everyone always asks the dream question "Do you dream in Spanish? You know they say when you dream in Spanish you have really arrived..." Well, I rarely remember my dreams so I cannot say if I am remnembering them or not...but this...today...must mean something right? (Fishing for some encouragement here :) )

Seriously though, as I look back to the beginning of last year I've gotta laugh and more importantly rejoice at all God has done just in language learning alone. WOW! We serve a mighty God!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Definitely a milestone. Congratulations!

Jenny said...

Wow!! Great job, Brookey!! I am SO proud of you- that is a definite milestone!! Keep up the great work!! Love you!!

Amy said...

That is awesome! Congratulations! I love reading your blog. If you don't know me, I used to work at CAT with Matt. You and your family are such an inspiration and I really enjoy keeping up with you :) That is awesome how fast you're learning the language! :))