Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

It's 12:10 am, January 1st, 2009! Happy New Year!
As I sit here typing this, I am listening to an amazing firework display that will go on for most likely several more hours. Matt and I decided to stay up and bring in the New Year, although all of the states channels have been blocked out and we didn't get to watch the ball drop this year...

The fireworks are amazing, I must admit...I just hope the kids don't get woken up...and that we can sleep. It is so crazy because people just go out to the end of their driveway and light them up as cars drive by just inches away from the sparking firework. I am thankful tonight that our home is made of cement block and plaster and not wood and for all the metal that surrounds it - less chance of fire that way :)
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

OK...it is now Thursday morning. The power went off last night as I was typing this and I couldn't finish it. The fireworks went on forever, but thankfully I fell asleep. Isabelle woke up when the power went off and so her and I stayed up for awhile watching them. Ethan was up about 5 minutes when he decided sleep was way better than the fireworks. Audrey, who usually wakes up at the drop of a hat, slept all night :)

Happy New Year to all!

No comments: