Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Monday, April 7, 2008

Some things to pray for this week...

Just some things to pray for this week:

Please pray for the new Monday afternoon discipleship group in The Pines in Tejarcillos. Last week there were over 50 new kids in attendance.

Please pray for the new Tuesday discipleship group in Pastor Rogelio's house. There were 12 new children in this group.

Both of these groups are fruit from the Sharon Baptist mission team that was here a couple of weeks ago. We praise the Lord for this new fruit and ask him to preserve it and these young ones would be fruit that lasts.

Please pray for Brooke this week. She will be taking the two major exams offered at the Institute to determine both the speaking level as well as the grammatical level students are at when they leave the school.

The first test is Wednesday and it is an oral evaluation of a students speaking level. There is literally nothing I can do to study for this, just gotta go in an answer the questions with confidence and clarity. Please pray it will be a "good Spanish day" for me. :)

The second test is Thursday and it is the written exam. The allotted time is 3 hours!!! Can you say SAT's??? Pretty much it will cover anything and everything I have learned in the last 8 months! No stress there...but I actually am looking forward to an honest assessment of where I am at and then to be able to look forward to what I need to work on with my tutor once we are back home from the states. But, if you could pray that I can pull from all the info I've learned to effectively answer the questions- I'd greatly appreciate it.

Other prayer requests are simply surrounding getting ready for our visit back to the states. We have much to do and only two weeks left to prepare. We've had no Vonage phone so we've been sending and receiving an overload of emails lately- I've spent about two and half hours going through mine tonight. I had over 40 when I started and I'm down to 26 now I think...WHEW!!!

Please also pray for Pastor Rogelio and his family and their ministry to Tejarcillos. We spent a wonderful afternoon with them today. Our families mesh so well together and what a blessing from the Lord that is.

You can pray for the added kinks rainy season brings to our lives. We have officially entered into rainy season- about a month early! So, the days of rain from early afternoon until evening- sometimes longer have started and we were not exactly ready for that...Ethan gave us a cheerful serenade of "Let it rain" this afternoon as a storm flew through Tejarcillos while we were at Rogelio's house...what a ham that kid is!


Thanks for praying!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Buenas noticias sobre todos los ninos!!! Que Bueno! Y yo se usted puede "ace" el examen este miercoles y jueves! Pero, mi familia y yo vamos a orar por usted este semana!