Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Saturday, April 26, 2008

First report from Indiana

Buenas Dias! Como estas?
We are doing well! I have wanted to post something for a few days, but have not been able to until this morning...sorry about that!

We've made it to Indiana and our enjoying time with our family.

We left San Jose around 3 PM Tuesday after a delayed flight and then a complete schedule change. We arrived in Chicago about 11:30 PM. got our bags and met Cheri Fine outside the airport! She was so welcoming and it was great to have such a smiling, friendly face waiting to greet us- especially considering it was midnight!

We got to bed about 2 AM and we all slept hard! The kids were fantastic the whole day. We waited about 2 1/2 hours in the line to check-in at the airport alone, not to mention the fun of the rest of the day, and they hardly complained. They kept themselves busy and it was actually a really great day of just being together!

We left for Michigan about 10 am Wednesday morning and got there with about an hour to spare before we spoke at Hiawatha Bible Church. We were warmly welcomed and had a great time meeting the church family of our friends, Doug and Karen. We spent a great evening with them afterwards at a nearby hotel. They were having water problems, so we all stayed at a hotel with adjoining rooms. It was actually really great for the kids because there was a pool and the kids LOVED that!

We left after lunch Thursday for Indiana and arrived about 6:45 PM. We've been at Roger and Sue's since and just been enjoying them and being at the original "La Finca" or the Farm, here in Indiana. (We've always called their home the Farm, so it has been fun switching it to La Finca Indiana!)

Matt and Roger went mushroom hunting yesterday and came back with a few. We've had visits from my mom and Uncle Wilbur and my cousin Andrew came from ISU to spend last night and today with us. Mark and Angyl cam out last night as well. Last night I actually met up with two of my best friends (girls from my accountability group) for a girls night, which was fantastic! I also got to catch up with a few of my "girls." (Former youth group girls- it was so great getting to talk with them).

So, today we are hanging out again - RELAXING! I had almost forgotten what this was like! It has been great and the kids are enjoying this so much!

Please pray for our health, though. The girls were sick before we left with colds and those seem to have passed, but it seems they have something else now. Both started vomiting last night and Audrey has not kicked the original cough quite yet. Now Matt, Ethan and I are all getting coughs. So please pray we can fight it all off.

Tomorrow we are excited to visit First Presbyterian Church here in Frankfort and see some good friends there. Later in the afternoon, we'll be heading off to Tennessee until Wednesday.

I don't know how often I'll be able to post, but I'll try as often as I can!

Love to all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Girl- I'm EXHAUSTED reading your blog! Madison and I just hung out yesterday and watched some movies. Mike is in Honduras, and today we may get out to Parque de Diversiones, don't know for sure. take care my friend - I miss your smiling face :-)