Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Checked out!

Remember what it's like near the end of the school year, especially your Senior year? There is this unconcious arrival of a series of blank stares this week at school. With only two more days of classes this week, and four next week, most people are what I would call "Checked out!" Especially so for those of us for whom this is our last trimester. Today my class began rule #7 of subjunctive, which I have been really excited to learn, but I have to admit- I am struggling to concentrate! Our family has only three days of classes left, because we leave for the states Tuesday. So, while I will be attending class these last three days, I really am going only to enjoy these last few days with my classmates.

Here is a picture of my class.


Our teacher is Laura and my classmates are Jackie, Ken and John. It has been a great tri with the three of them. We have grown together in our speaking ability as a group, which is a rare thing. We are all right about the same level and Laura has allowed us much freedom in this class. She has been so great about giving us the freedom to openly converse and not been so strict as to keep us moving on the "assigned" subject matter. We've had some really great conversations, some deep, some theological, some not-so-much, some just fun. I'll miss this group, but as John says, not enough to come back for one more tri! :)Heeheehee!

But, to finish the thought about "Senior-itis," you all know what it is like at the end of the school year- you are experiencing it now back in the states. The tiredness, looking forward to the arrival of summer (for us just the rainy season...) but any way- we are nearing the end and it feels like it. Our brains have been taxed out...Last night we were all in bed and ASLEEP by 8:30! That is rare in our house, but it felt so good!

Today, Audrey really didn't want to go to school. So she stayed with me until it was time for me to go and then we both ended up being a little bit late. BUt, that's OK! It was fun walking with her like that- we don't usually get that one-on-one time in the morning and it was good.

Have a great week!

PS: Got my test results back- my written exam was not as good as I had thought, but it was fine considering the comprehensiveness of the test- and good enough to receive the diploma! WOHOO! My oral score was good as well! I am happy that I took both tests. It was a good experience and worth it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Girl - I'm with you all the way! Have my last test today - and am wondering why I'm even coming to class next week because so many people won't be in class next week. I guess it will be a little one-on-one time - but I'd just as soon be done :-)