Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Friday, April 11, 2008

Exams and "Life"

Just an update to say I did indeed survive my exams this week! Praise the Lord!

Wednesday was the oral exam and it was actually quite fun. Students have a teacher whom they've never had as a teacher for class, preferably one they do not know as well. This makes it easier for them to better asses the students speaking ability- because they are most likely not used to hearing them speak every day. I had a teacher named Saundra who Matt had last tri and she was really sweet. I'll know my level by Tuesday :)It was an easy going conversation and you all know I love to talk!!

Thursday was the written exam and it was tough. I was there for just short of three hours and it was probably the most thorough exam I have ever taken, short of the SAT's. It was a great exam though in that it really did cover everything we've learned and I am anxious to see how I did. :)

Thank you all for praying!

One other thing: Last Friday, the kids school held a talent show- with auditions before hand and everything! Ethan told us he wanted to do something for it right away. (This was a real shock since you all know how shy he is ;) )

So, he decided he wanted to write a story and draw pictures to go along with the story. At this same time, we had a church we will be visiting ask us if any of our kids would be willing to share in a children's Sunday School class about his life in Costa Rica. Ethan said he thought he could do that. So, the decision was made by Ethan to use this opportunity of the talent show as practice for the presentation for the church. So,

I just have to say, he did so fantastic! It is super cute the way he wrote it and the pictures are great- he is really a budding artist. When we go to a park to play he wants to take a notebook and pencil in case he sees something he wants to draw!!So, he got up on that stage last week, a little nervous, but hamming it up from the minute he walked to the mic. I was so proud of him and sitting there in awe of the way God can shape such a little person's heart for Him.

Here is his story: (I've spelled it the way he did as well, for effect :) )

"God wants us to be here to tell about Jesus. Life is hard in Costa Rica because homework and sisters and school and Spanish. But being here is fun because there are things in Costa Rica that I have never seen in my life.

Life is difrent becaus I have never spoke Spanish in my life. My MoM and DaD have a new job. They tell others about Jesus. We also teach them how to live like him. Life is cool in Costa Rica."

By the way, he got a third place in his age group and was the only first grader to participate!!! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow what an adventure to be doing oral exams and written exams in Spanish! I must say I have forgotten a lot of what we learned in high school, although some days I hear things said that I can actually understand a little:) I am sure you did great on the exams and will continue to do well in all the new adventures you will have. We miss you guys. Have a safe trip up north:) You will have to let us know if you are able to make that trip again sometime and maybe we can meet you there.

Love,
Naomi