Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Sunday, August 7, 2011

"What do you miss most?"

Often when we are asked the question,

"What do you miss most from the United States?"

And always my respons is, "FAMILY."

Usually the person responds with, "well, of course. but...what else?"

And so I pause to ponder...

Four years ago I could quickly list off several restaurants or food items that we just didn't have or couldn't find here.

Three years ago, I probably still would have rattled off a couple food places as well as Walmart and Target.

Last year, I rejoiced when we ate Chick-Fil-A for the first time while in the States!

And the truth is that there are still certain places we like to go when back in the States. There are certain cravings that we each have from time to time. But, honestly, the longings have begun to wear off for things like that. It is still nice to go back and visit the places we love...but one thing I've noticed is the longing for more places and things like this -

Cousins. Together, impromptu picnics on the bright green grass. Family farm. Red euipment settled in its spot next to shining golden wheat, brilliant against that bright green grass. Under the oak tree. That same oak tree standing there for the almost 15 years I've known the McClain family.

Moments like those are what I miss most. Colors like these are so very fond to me. Places like this one are what make me feel at home. Allow me to relax and forget about everything.

Comfortable, familiar. Never-changing.



This lane. Driven on so many times. Instantly slows me. Gravel cracks and shifts under the tires. Now used by grandpa and grandkids; uncle and nephew.

Sweet times like this. Those are what I miss most. Places so familiar, so comfortable. Those are what my heart aches for. If I never had Chick-Fil-A again, but could have my fill of this place...my heart would be filled with joy.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

SO true and beautifully stated! What I miss? The incredible colors of Fall.

The McClain's said...

Erin- I really miss the colors of fall as well- I think that is why I like the pic of the girls so much, because it reminds me of fall. Thanks for your comment!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you put those pictures on here. I miss seeing the grandkids every day.