Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Monday, August 15, 2011

Multitudes on Monday

Today is Mother's Day in this land we now call home.

Saturday, we had a Mother's Day Tea for the ladies of the church. It was a wonderful morning spent with many ladies form the church as well as several 'invitadas,' or ladies from the community, several who did not know the Lord. All of the ladies participated and enjoyed themselves. It was a special time shared by all.

Last night at church, Pastor Phil honored all the mother's in the congregation and prayed for them.

Today is a national holiday. Schools are closed for the day and many businesses are closed as well for the day- which means many are off work today!

Mother's are surely celebrated and appreciated.

Today, Matt and the kids took me to breakfast at our favorite restaurant- Nougui's (KNOW-geaz). We spent most of the morning on the beach. It was a fantastic way to spend the morning.

Even though this day is not Mother's Day in the States, we still celebrate holidays like this one here as well as from our own country.

And so, today, I think of my mom...and my heart hurts a little as I'm not with her. It's been a tough time being back this time from the States. So many little things unfinished; so much to pray for we learned while back.

And...I just miss my mom. I guess there is a time as a child when you learn that your paretns get older as you get older and at some point you really begin to see their finiteness. That point is here for me...i realize just how very short the days are and I know very well what I miss by living the life we live- the life the Lord has called us to.

Thankfully, the Lord has given me great joy and purpose in serving Him here. My place is here and I am thankful.

Today, on this special day for mother's, I give thanks...

#'s 1528 - 1540
- family game night
- seeing youth (muchachos) serve the ladies of the church (Ethan asking to serve)
- Sunday mornings for resting and playing games...thankful for Latin American evening church services
- xooking for church
- the pain in my heart that comes from being away from my mom- eucharisteo- because I have a mom who I loves and who loves me
- a restful nights sleep\- [hoto albums documenting our life
- the privielege of being a mother
- the ift of children
- that in Costa Rica, Mother's Day is a national holiday where school is out and businesses close and employees are given the day off!
- planning visits with family and friends
- Salvation in Jesus
- that I am saved by grace, through faith in You, Jesus





No comments: