Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Please pray tomorrow...

Please pray tomorrow for my dad, Doug. He is going to have an angiogram done in order to determine the cause of some difficulties he has been having. He may possibly have to have a stint put in the aeorta valve as the blood flow is decreased there.

He does not like to have people know about his health issues, so please don't call him or anything like that. But, please do pray for clarity of vision for the doctor, that they can clearly diagnose the problem and understand what needs to be done and that it can be done quickly. Please pray that after all is said and done, my dad will feel better and healthier and be able to breathe easier.

It is very difficult for me to be away during something like this. I knew this was going to happen before we came back to Costa Rica, but god in his mercy gave me peace to be able to get on the plane and come back. Please pray that God continue to grant me that same peace through whatever comes of this test and in the immediate future.

Thank you for praying.

Also, I just had to post an update about Audrey :)
This morning when she got up, she came and told me that she had asked Jesus to clean her heart! She said that she told Jesus that she knew he had died for her on the cross and that her heart was black from the things she did that she knew were wrong and she asked him to clean it for her and make it white. When she was done she woke up Isabelle to tell her what she had done! Praise God! We celebrated today :) as a family that we will all one day be together in heaven! :)

2 comments:

TRBC Ladies' Fellowship said...

Brooke,
I just stumbled upon your blog! We are beginning a study of Twelve Extraordinary Women at our church and I was conducting a search. What a beautiful family that you have! I too am a homeschool mom...of two, although the oldest is off to school this year...for the very first time. He is 14, so it is just my daughter and myself this year. Keep up the good work. It was a joy to read some of your blog. I look forward to reading your insites into 12.E.W.!
Tracy

The McClain's said...

Thanks, Tracy, for your encouragement and for stopping by! I am loving the 12E.W. book and hope you are too! Have a great day!