Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Friday, October 24, 2008

Quick update

It has been a week since my last post...sorry about that...

We are preparing for a quick visit to the states. It is again time to leave the country (actually we are leaving a little bit early this time, but as a team, we are trying to work three different schedules and this time worked best for us and the team). So, we decided to head to the states for about 9 days. We leave Tuesday and will be back November 6th. We'll be visiting with two separate supporting churches and it will be very nice to reconnect with them and family and friends. We are thankful for the opportunity to be able to go back.

I began packing last week (yes, that is my Gran's influence- always be prepared) and I am glad I did. I pulled the suitcases out and they were covered in mold! EEEWWW! Mold is a common problem here, but we've never really had to deal with it much, so it was surprising to me. This week, I finished up packing the kids and I and yesterday I began organizing what I thought I'd bring for school. What a process! I don't want to take too much because of weight restrictions and everything, but I want to make sure we can have good, quality days while we are there, also. So, I've been organizing and printing some curriculum I have on the computer and figuring out what I will be packing. I will probably begin packing it later tonight.

I have to go looking for a few things to bring back as well and I am trying to figure this all out in my head. I know that it will all get done...I just begin stressing when I think of being gone all day Saturday and Sunday and then Moday morning as well...We'll make it there and that is what will matter :)

We'e having vehicle trouble. The rough roads we travel on every day are a leading cause of car trouble and almost every month now since we received the van, we've had it in the shop. Would you join us in praying that it would be fixed timely and also that God in his sovereignty would provide the funds for the re-occurring trouble we continue to have. We have not, unfortunately, seen an increase in support despite the many increase in monthly expenses we have. We trust God that all of this in His mighty and capable hands.

Also, please pray about this mold situation. This week, I noticed a huge increase on the patio outside the girl's room and the living room. I found mold in their closet and a couple of their things that were ruined. Then, today, I noticed mold on two of our photo albums. I am hoping it is just a passing thing. Please pray that it won't become a problem in the future.

The next time you hear from me might be from the states...Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Jess Marie said...

Hi Friend: As you know, I am a MOLD expert! Some advice (if you want it). I had to learn these the hard way. Keep the windows open as much as possible - definitely a few hours a day throughout the house. Open the closets and the blinds. Keep the house VERY light because the mold grows in warm, dark enviroments. Get rid off all that you can find RIGHT NOW because it will start to spread like a wildfire. Keep all the doors open in your house so air circulates freely. And if you can get a dehumidifier I would, but if not, the other things should work. YOu can also buy these plastic things at the Ferreteria that catch the water. I have no idea the name of them. Just ask for something to help with "mojo." :)

And don't be afraid to not homeschool while you are in the States. That's one of the benefits of making your own schedule.
Love,
Jess

Unknown said...

Enjoy your time! And - sorry about the mold - guess I'll need to take ours down early to check also - thanks for the heads-up!