Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Friday, March 2, 2012

Seeing the rainbow

I remember in my senior year of high school, when the yearbook staff sent around a questionaire to all the seniors seeking various tidbits of information about each senior candidate. One of the tidbits sought was a favorite quote. Mine, I remember choosing, was

"You have to look through the rain to see the rainbow..."

...or something like that...

I've been dealing with an on and off again headache since Tuesday night. I was sick with it all day Wednesday, then felt better Thursday as the pain was there but manageable. Today, I was sick again and with low blood pressure. It was a hard day. I couldn't go to discipleship this morning or ladies prayer group.

In the smack dab middle of the driest part of the year, it felt like it was raining buckets on my day...

And then, late afternoon, my head began to clear and the nausea and shakiness began to fade.

I began to feel better and moved from the couch to the table, ate some lunch and asked challenged Ethan to a game of Settlers.

and won!

I NEVER beat him- he always wins!!

Not today *BIG SMILE*

I started getting things ready to make supper and the girls came into the kitchen to help.

Not sure if there's anything better than being in the  kitchen with my girls. they both love to cook. They donned their aprons and got to wrok and in no time the food was cooked, the table set and we were eating. We had fun at supper, laughing and joking.

Ethan got ready for youth group and Matt took him to the church.

The girls and I tried to decide what game we should play. We decided on Settlers (we pretty much love this game!!) and started to set up the board.

Matt got back and Audrey laid out the challenge to her Daddy- she WAS going to beat him!

A few minutes into the game, I stated the fact that we girls needed to work together, since Daddy always wins- if Ethan isn't playing! We needed to keep Daddy from winning today!

Audrey, laughing and grinning slyly, looks over at Matt, eyebrows raised, and says,

"Not today. Oh no, he's not winning today. Not with Audge-the-Podge playing!" and evil laughter ensued! :)

She had a vendetta for him the whole game and did everything she could to stop him. Then Iz got into the act and began working against him, too.

Which turned out to be great strategy for me- and I ended up winning!

Heeheehee....

did somebody say competitive?

So, I sat back, smiled, and gave thanks for days like these. My body feels rested. My head feels clear.

The day felt kinda wasted- and out of my control- but the Lord showed me that if we just take the time to make the most of every moment- He has unexpected blessings waiting.

And so, even though there's no rain in the forecast for several more months...it sure seems like there's a brightly shining rainbow in our house tonight!

Have a blessed weekend!




No comments: