Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Multitudes on Monday...a few days late :)



I love this song. I always have. But this week, it brings new meaning to the trials of life for me.

When I sat a listened to the music and the lyrics this morning, I thought about what it means to 'trade my sorrows, my shame, my sickness, my pain...FOR the JOY of the Lord...'

as the song says, that sets a new song in my heart, taht sets my heart dancing...and to it all we say YES LORD and trade it in - for what? the JOY of the Lord!

Maybe it's better to say it this way:

"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed."
2 Corinthians 4:8-9

Whatever we are, we are NOT abandoned, nor in despair, not crushed, nor destroyed...and why?

"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us." 2 Corinthians 4:7

The power that sustains us is NOT from us, but from God. The treasure is not us nor our lives but God living IN us.

When I stop and think about the trials and troubles and pains and stresses I carry, and then read this verse- it makes it all seem so much less.

I will say YES, LORD, because:

"our light and momentary troubles are acheiving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all." 2 Corinthians 4:17

What we encounter now brings the promise of something so glorious that as hard and crushing as the troubles seem to us now- they are light and momentary in comparison to to the joy that is coming.

So, then...

"we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:18

I have been plagued with a horrible headache since last Thursday. It comes on strong then goes away, then comes on strong again. It kept me in bed all day Friday, accompanied by body aches. I have not slept a full night sleep since then because every night I've woken up at or around 2:30 am and been awake until about 5:00 am due to the headache. I've had horrible nightmares as well during the past week.

For even longer, my friend and our teamate, Helyi ('L-G') has experienced the exact same thing. Our nightmares are very similar. Our physical symptoms are exactly the same.

Medicine does nothing for the pain.

We do not believe it is a virus, but we believe it to be a fierce attack by the enemy in an attempt to steal our time and our sleep from us, to kill our energy, and to ultimately destroy us. (John 10:10)

However, in light of these verses, what do I have to say but Yes, Lord. I will trade it all so that Your all-surpassing power me be demonstrated through my momentary and light troubles.

The key is to be renewed by this strength, not to succumb to the temptation to feel sorry for ourselves. Do not give up! Do not give in to the fight. We are daily in a battle against enemies we do not see.

"Therfore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day." 2 Corinthians 4:16

Yes, Lord! Thank You! Yes, Lord!



I know today is Wednesday...but here is my Multitudes on Monday post...a few days late :)

#'s 1719 - 1730
- tickling Ethan
- 'armpits' with Isa and Audrey
- hugs from Dayana, Gabriela, Johan, Cindy...
- holding hands in the middle of the night with Matthew
- Audrey reading Green eggs and Ham over and over again- by herself!
- hard, hard days that bear fruit and bring glory to Your name
- being a jar of clay that holds such a precious treasure
- 'momentary and light troubles'
- Your 'all-surpassing' power
- eternal glory
- focusing on what is unseen
- waiting for Your return, Lord. Maranatha!

No comments: