Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Monday, September 19, 2011

Multitudes on Monday

10 I will greatly rejoice in the LORD,



My soul shall be joyful in my God;


For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation,


He has covered me with the robe of righteousness,


As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments,


And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.


11 For as the earth brings forth its bud,


As the garden causes the things that are sown in it to spring forth,


So the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations.  Isaiah 61:10-11

I have been so encouraged by the words of the prophet Isaiah the past few weeks. I am so encouraged and strengthened by the beautiful picture of redemption, righteousness, rebuilding, growth, light coming to the darkness, and salvation in the words of the prophet. And how he repeatedly speaks of the Savior bringing all these things to pass.

I love this passage and how it describes the bridegroom and the bride. Thinking on last nights message from Revelation 19:1-9 and also thinking about Matthew 22:1-14...I begin to understand a little more about the robes of righteousness, garments of praise (Isaiah 61:3), the bridegroom and the bride and the much-anticipated wedding banquet of the King of kings.

Thank You, Jesus, for Your redemptive work in me. Thank You, Father, for giving me salvation and righteousness through Your Son. Thank You Holy Spirit for renewing me, for molding me and working in me to bring about growth.

#1830 - 1843 of the thousands upon thousands upon thousands of gifts of grace given by the Giver of all things...

- Sunday night football
- chocolate chip cookies
- Fannie, Ellie, Gabriela, Dayana at church
- goofiing around with Eddy
- encouraging words from so many (J.M., A.W., S.B.)
- learning how to speak the love languages
- tickling Ethan at night before bed- thank You, Jesus, that he loves this
- having something to be able to help those in need
- Isabelle's dog book
- Isabelle and Audrey's love for arts and crafts
- Ethan's love for drawing
- Isabelle's sweet singing voice
- my garment of salvation
- robes of righteosness

No comments: