Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Thursday, November 12, 2009

visit with my parents

The girls and I made it safely to my parents in the wee hours of the morning, Tuesday November 10th. We left the house at about 6:30 in the morning Monday 11/9 and drove 5 hours to the airport (actually our friend, Pastor Nelson drove us- what a great guy!) and then waited a few hours for our flight. Flew to Atlanta and had a two hour layover. then landed in Chicago around 10:00 PM. My mom and our good friend Jenny were waiting for us at the bottom of the baggage claim escalator- what an awesome sight!!! :) Then made the drive from Chicago back to Indiana and got to be about 4 am! What a LONG day!

We came back to visit my dad who had open heart surgery back in September. We are here only for a few more days, but it has been a wonderful blessing to see how well he is doing with my own eyes and to hug him and just sit and talk. I thank God for the discovery of cheap tickets!

We've skyped Matt and Ethan who remained in Costa Rica, a few times,. It seems all the fun happens when the girls leave! The first night we ewre gone, they found a million yucky cockroaches in the bathroom and a four inch scorpion (with the tailed curled!) in our bedroom! the next morning the howler monkeys came out and tried giving Matt a shower with their bodily excretions! EEEEWWW! Fun times for the guys!

Pictures to come another day...tomorrow morning off to pick a few Christmas presents with my Dad!

Looking forward to seeing Jenkins tomorrow, Thanksgiving dinner Saturday- YEAH - PUMPKIN PIE and TURKEY!!! I haven't had turkey in two years! Church on Sunday and seeing Pappy and Mimi and then preparing to leave on Monday.

No comments: