Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Friday, November 27, 2009

Que Calor! (It's stinking HOT!!!!)

"Stinking": doesn't exactly translate from English to Spanish but the point to the title of this post is that it is super hot here! (In case I haven't mentioned it before....)

The heat is wearing on all of us physically and mentally. We've been noticing the effects of it this week in particular. All three of the kids at different times have fallen asleep before it was "bedtime." I've caught a couple of those moments on camera. Jus because there are no pictures of Mom and Dad on here doesn't mean that matt and I haven't succumb to falling asleep either. There have not been many nights when I'm not asleep at 9:30. And once I'm in bed I just begin drifting off -even if in the middle of a conversation with Matt...it just wears on you. (the heat, that is...not talking with Matt :] )

We are fully confident that we will, one day, get used to it. We've been told it may take a minimum of 6 months and not sure the maximum...One day... :)

About thirty minutes after Matt and Ethan left on Monday, our best fan broke and I being completely incompetent at anything electrical other than to hit it a few times could do nothing for it. So, that made the week a little more unbearable. Thankfully today Matt got the fan working again temporarily and we also were able to borrow one from friends.

Anyway, on to the pictures. I am having trouble getting comments to correspond with the correct photo so I'll just comment on them here.

One day last week, Matt had been working on putting shelves up for Ethan. It wasn't going as planned, so he took a break form it and then got back to it after supper. Apparently Ethan was so tired he couldn't stay awake any longer and he fell asleep with his bean bag on his bed and his feet near his pillow. He may be nine, but he will always be my baby boy :)

One night when Matt and Ethan were gone, the girls and I were in our room enjoying the air conditioner we have in our room. I was reading them a story before bed. Both had their babies so "they could listen, too." :) Isabelle fell asleep before I was finished with the first page! Doesn't she look so sweet? The other of Isabelle is from tonight. I did not stage the photo, I promise! She actually fell asleep while eating her supper. I have never seen her do this that I can remember!

The other night, the girls were so tired. They had played outside all day long and so we ate early and got ready for bed early. Audrey was done first with her bedtime preparations and so I asked her to go get in bed. When I got into her room, she was fast asleep! It is these moments that she is simply angelic :) {ie: the rest of the time is another story!)













No comments: