Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Thursday, November 19, 2009

Home again...home again...jiggety jig...

The girls and I left Indiana on Tuesday morning around 9 am...headed to Chicago for our 3:10 flight. All went well on the trip and we boarded our flight without incident, with supper stored away for the last flight :) I was most nervous about the connection in Atlanta because we had less than an hour to catch the connecting flight. I was assurred and reasurred that we had plenty of time, just not to stop for anything :) and kindly NOT offered any help...eerrgghh...but, we did in fact make flight- we made it through Atlanta airport from concourses A to concourse E and then to gate E 18, all the way at the end...of course...we had to run- literally- to make it and as politely as possible excuse ourselves as we made our way pass people on both escalators...and took a flying jump on the tram just seconds before the doors closed! We were almost the last to board the plane, but made it :) - all of that in 15 minutes - none-the-less!

We arrived in San Jose on time and our friend was waiting patiently to pick us up...too bad our luggage was still in Atlanta! So, home- well- home for the night- to our friend's house in San Francisco de dos Rios, sans toothbrushes (the ONE time I didn't pack them in the carry-on!), but tired enough not to really care...talked to Matt before I went to bed and let him know we'd been assured that the bags would be there at the airport by 1:30 the next day...and found out his plan to pick us up.

As I lay in bed that night, listening to the sounds of the city (that I do NOT miss), I thought about our trip, that precious time with just family, early Thanksgiving dinner, no agenda, no appointments, the blessings of new friends who sacrificed their time to drive 5 hours to the San Jose airport to drop us off last week, then old friends who sacrificed their time and opened their home to us for the night, fed us, fellowshiped with us, then again, the same new friends making the trek back to the city to pick us up...all of those things, and the many new blessings we have discovered living in a new area. I rejoiced at the time with my family, but I discovered the pang in my heart to be back "home." Not in Indiana, which will always be "home," but back in Villareal, which is my new home. I uncovered that desire to see Dinora, my neighbor, be back in church, walk the dirt road, pet my dog. How I missed the rooster crowing in the morning (way better any day than the random car alarms heard through the city night), the green, green trees, the freshness in the air...how I longed for my new home. And to be near my husband again and hold my baby boy!

It was only a week, and splendid time of laughter, fun and special memories with my parents and brother and niece, I longed for the comforts of my new home, the familiarity that Costa Rica brings me, the warmth of m husband's embrace. <3

So, now back home two days, I still am uncovering more and more the depth of my gratitude to Jesus. he gave so so much for me...and He still gives- amazing wonderful blessings reign down on us from God the Father, Maker of heaven and earth.

Financially, this is a hard season for everyone, including missionaries, including us...But our God is good and He will provide...He does provide...He IS providing! Daily, in the midst of increasing tight budgets...he is providing!

I am thankful for a new job for my mom that allows her so much less stress and the opportunity to spend quality time with elderly. A new job in times where most are without. I praise God for less stress for my mom and for the health of my parents. Sure, they are aging (I hate to think about that) and they have their ailments, but they are relatively healthy. I praise God for the gift of getting to see my dad in person to see he is okay and doing well, for moments to challenge him in his faith and to just listen to his soft gravely voice, to see his smile, to watch as the girls sat and played with him. I thank God for the memories we have and will hold dear for many, many years from this trip...to precious to share here, but will hold forever in my heart.

Join me today in praising God for all He's done for you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bendiciones, y bienvenidos a su hogar!

Rhoda said...

So glad you had a nice time in Indiana and made it back home safely. I'm sure your hubby and son are also glad to have you and the girls back! Praising God with you for the blessings He has given--have a blessed day! -Rhoda Kennell