Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Tuesday, March 25, 2008

La Cancha Tejarcillos

Today we held the second outreach planned by the Sharon Baptist mission team. It was held in La Cancha Tejarcillos, which is a large field used by the local gang as a soccer field and used by others as a field for playing in. The field is directly across from Pastor Rogelio's house- so it is a perfect location for an outreach.

It was a great day and a little more organized than yesterday, at least I felt. The kids were more controlled and the outreach ended by a dance-off of sorts with four teams: Las Águilas, Los Búfalos, Los Pequinitos (the little ones) and Los Gringos. There are many songs the kids of the churches love to sing and have made up dances to. They all had a blast dancing around and having fun!

It is very dusty this time of year, as it is still dry season. Everyone was covered in dirt and dust by the end of the day, but a good time was had by all. I don't know the exact number but there were close to one hundred again today. Several moms as well. Pastor Rogelio shared The Bridge again and once again, many crossed over from eternal death to eternal Life as they made the decision to accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Many again indicated that they would like to be in a discipleship group where they can learn more about the decision they just made and what their new life in Christ is all about.

The kids and I left school early today and we went up for lunch and then the outreach. It was one of the most fun days we've had together. They ran around and played together and with other kids and with Mariana and Valeria. They have made fast friends with many on this team and it is always such a blessing to me personally as their mom to watch them bond and share themselves with someone new.

I must say, I am tired. But as I was discussing with a friend this morning, this is the kind of tired I would never dream of complaining about. This is the tired that makes me wake up the next morning thinking "Do I get to do that again today?" despite what my aching body says...

So, all of that to say this...my heart is aching to be able to do what we've been doing the past four days ALL the time! What I mean by that is to be able to be serving in the ministry full-time is the desire of my heart right now. Learning the language is so very valuable and importnat- but man!- it takes a long time!! I am eagerly looking forward to May- we have teams booked solid from now until August- when the kids and I are out of school and our schedule is more relaxed. Even though Matt will still be in school, we will have so much less stress than with all 5 of us being in school...I am still very eager to continue my language learning with a tutor, but it will be nice to have a simpler pace to life again...well sort of?!?!?!

Please pray for the fruit from today's outreach. Please pray that it is long-lasting. Please pray for all those teachers who lead the different groups of children and for their hearts as they begin a new discipleship group next week with these same kids. And pray that the fruit from these two days will bring the light of Jesus Christ into the dark area of Tejarcillos.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow it sounds like you guys have been busy. I am so glad that you are all enjoying this new journey in your lives. I do wish you all the best as you continue your learnings and the adventures you will have along the way. Wish we could see you guys, but maybe on the next trip:) We love and miss you bunches.