Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Huevos!!!

As I mentioned in another post, Costa Rica has many traditions regarding birthdays. One of them is for the birthday girl/boy to receive one egg for every year they have lived cracked on their head by their family and friends.

Ethan has been waiting for this day to come since we made the decision to come to Costa Rica!

Mark and Meg had us over for pizza and cake and afterwards we headed outside for huevos (eggs).

Thankfully, I didn't have to get 30 eggs, but there were quite a few...I lost count.

Enjoy the pictures!


Here I am ready to receive eggs!


Valeria's first egg


Valeria's second egg- she definetly didn't take it easy on me...


Mariana's first egg. She had been sick all day, but she sure was ready when Mark said it was time for huevos!!! :)


Ethan giving me one of the three or four he lovingly gave me!!!


Valeria and yet another egg...I wonder how many she did...?


The aftermath...uugghh!!!!

3 comments:

Leah Borntrager said...

Just think, if they would have popped you in the oven you would have been Brooke Soffle! Big huge blessings to you as you start your 30th year! Love to you across the miles...

Unknown said...

Hmmm...SO glad I wasn't aware of this for my 40th birthday! But...I hear eggs are good for the hair :-) Happy birthday my friend!

mikepettengill said...

that is a good look for you...happy birthday...sorry we missed it...I had a date with Maddy to go on