Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Thursday, November 3, 2011

Gran

The past two mornings I've gotten up around 5:30 am- that is pretty early for me. I've wanted to lay in bed for longer, but I felt compelling, overwhelming desire to get up and meet with Jesus. So that is what I did. The past two mornings I've been overjoyed and overwhelmed at the depths of God's love for me. He has filled me with His Spirit and I've felt new and fresh and alive.

This morning, as I sat writing in my journal, I became aware of the date and how it has been 13 years since my Gran went to be with Jesus. The memories flooded back and filled me with an inexpressable joy.

I thought of last night on the plaza with the PFK kids, running around in my barefeet and how much fun that was, and thought how she would have been right there with me, running around in her barefeet, too, had she been here.

She took such joy in life. Her smile brightened this world, as did the twinkle in her eyes. Her hands were soft, yet firm. Her hair brilliant silver.

As I began thanksgivng Jesus for all the memories I have of her and for her life and love and influence on my life, my joy grew as I thought about the day Ethan will meet her and all the things he'll have to say to her and how she will sit and listen with great eagerness to learn about her great-grandson. Then I thought about how excited Isabelle will be the day they meet in heaven. Isabelle loves meeting family members and it will be so special the day she'll get to meet her great grandma in heaven. Then, I remembered my Uncle Larry, Uncle Bud and Uncle Jody telling me the stories of how she used to try to catch the pigs and ride the pigs around the farm. Oh how much fun she'll have with Audrey when they meet in heaven.

My thoughts then turned to heaven and the joy and eagerness and longing for HOME turned and stirred in my heart. Tears streamed down as my thoughts drifted to the day when we'll meet, Sweet Jesus.

There is much we know about heaven, and yet so much more we do not know.

Will we know each other as we do here? Will I recognize Gran as Gran? Will my children meet her and know that she is their great-grandma? When I see her will I smell teaberry gum? In her new body, will I still recognize her hands? Will we retain memories from this life at all?

No matter the Lord's plan for our eternal home, when all the saints meet in Glory, one thing is for sure- LOVE will unite and JOY will abound and PEACE will persist and WORSHIP will be life and HE will be LIGHT and all saints will REJOICE!!

- thankful today for precious memories of my grandmother, her investment in my life, her unconditional love for all, the grace she freely gave, her bright yellow kitchen, her clip-on earrings, the way she hid money and other important things in the freezer, her positive attitude, her joy in all things, her life as a servant...

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.

And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.

He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

He who was seated on the throne said,

"I am making everything new!"

Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true." Revelation 21:1-5

Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting:

"Hallelujah! For our Lord God Almighty reigns.

Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory!

For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready.

Fine linen, bright and clean, was given her to wear." (Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of the saints.)

Then the angel said to me, "Write: 'Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!'" And he added,
"These are the true words of God."
Revelation 19:6-7

No comments: