Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Date with my girl, Audrey

Today, as we were studying, Audrey says to me, "Mommy, when we are done with this, I want to go on date just with you!"

Well, what do you say to that but "Well, ok!" :)

So, we finished up, took our nature walk, and I left instructions with Matt for Isabelle and Ethan on what they needed to do to finish up their work and off we went.

On the short drive into Tamarindo, I asked Audrey what she would like to do on our date. She said she would like to have juice and some ice cream from MegaSuper, the local chain grocery store we have here (think Hometown IGA).

I asked her if we could do something else, also and she said "Sure Mom, wherever you wanna go!"

So, we headed to the TCBY in town (yeah...there is actually a TCBY here) so she could get her chocolate ice cream with Oreo topping and then we walked over to the smoothie shop and I got my favorite mandarina, maracuya and mango smoothie. As we sat at the table closet to the street, on their little covered patio, with the high back, stool-like chairs, she said, "WOW! I've never sat in chairs like these! I'm bigger than everyone!" (the patio is about 8 feet or so higher than the sidewalk, so as people pass she towers above them as she leans over the railing, giving passersby her best smile). Then she says, "Well, I'm not bigger than God, no one is. Not even Dave (a good friend of ours) and he's pretty big! God is biggest of all!"

As we sat, it began to rain. She said she should have brought her sweater because she was cold. (It was hardly cold, but the rain on her arms had given her a chill). So, she decided it was time to head to MegaSuper for her "juice." As we got to leave, it began to pour, so we quickly got into the car and headed to MegaSuper.

When we got there, she wanted to pull the little basket (they have these cool little baskets on wheels here that are quite useful) and she also wanted to scan every item we picked up on the little price scanner machine they have in the store. She remembered that she wanted to look for this certain type of chip at the store that Isabelle had bought from the pupleria the other day in Santa Rosa. Well, she couldn't find them, but found her favorite cheese balls instead and her "juice" which actually ended up being 7Up.

She wanted me to park in a certain spot so that if it rained we while we were in the store we wouldn't get wet when we came out. that spot was taken as well as the one I usually park in so we parked in another one across from the building. Wouldn't you know, it poured while we were in there and we of course had not brought the umbrella in with us!

We got in the car and she said, "Well, now my hair's wet! That's good because I love it when my hair us wet!'

She is one-of-a-kind and I love her! I thank God for her.

I forgot to mention in the post about her falling asleep yesterday that she thinks it was the first or second time she had played the game Blokus. It is a pretty intense game and she did great at it. I ending up beating her, but only by 2 points! I actually thought she was going to win she had been doing so well! She is super smart, that girl!

No comments: