Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Tuesday, April 6, 2010

So, I am soliciting help with an idea I had to take back small gifts to new churches and our supporters in the states. We are heading back in 3 weeks for a 6 weeks support raising furlough and we wanted to bring something significant of where we live in Costa Rica as a reminder of our ministry and our family.

This year, we wanted to take something with a beachy theme maybe using a little sand a few shells but am having trouble coming up with something that will travel well.

I would love any ideas that YOU ALL can come up!

(Sorry to ruin the surprise for those we will be visiting!) :)

Please leave a comment with your ideas! Thanks so much in advance!

2 comments:

Jess Marie said...

I'm sorry I can't help you. I am the least creative person you will ever meet. Seriously! Maybe collect sea shells (smaller ones) and find someone in CR who can sodder them together and you can make them into a cross. Or you can take a piece of material (something sturdy) and cut it into a cross and then glue the shells onto it and give your supporters sea-shell crosses. Hmmm...maybe that idea came from the Lord. LOL!!

The McClain's said...

THANKS Jess- that is a great idea! I'm still trying to figure what I have time to do and what will travel well...I may end up just hitting the local souvenier shop, but I really hate to do that...Hope you guys are well!