Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Monday, December 14, 2009

A boy and his dog

Today we welcomed Lucy to our home and our family. Lucy is an adult pure Labrador was abandoned several months ago not far from our home in San Jose. We met her when we met Reina, Isabelle's dog. Isabelle and Audrey fell in love with Reina and Ethan fell in love with Lucy. So, we made the decision to get both dogs. Reina made the move here with us while Lucy continued recovering from a skin infection she had contacted. We had tentatively planned to bring Lucy back with us when the girls and I came back from the states, but she wasn't ready yet. So, the veterinarian who had taken her in graciously made arrangements for her father to bring her to us when he came to our area for business. so, today, she arrived! :)











The look on Ethan's face is priceless! He is so happy! I have never had a dog this big, so it is very different for me and neither Matt nor I have ever had a Lab, although we've both always wanted one. God answered our prayers with both of our dogs.

I've been quiet with posts lately. All I can say is that God has really been working on my heart and for now, it needs to remain between He and I. As time permits, I'll post more pics and an update. We've been pretty busy lately, plugging in where we can. God is working here.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Labs are GREAT!! Hopefully Lucy is trained already not to chew because they love to chew on things to have lots of chew toys ready for her:) Enjoy both dogs, they are a great addition to a family.

Unknown said...

So sweet! As we have a 110 pound rottie, I KNOW all about big dogs! Very cool!

The McClain's said...

Naomi,
Yes, Praise the Lord, she is trained and doesn't chew...Reina, however, we are still working on...when the girls and i were back in IN in Nov, I made an emergency run to Old Navy desperately hoping to find that they still had flip flops because I was the lucky first victim of Reina's show chewing crime. Thankfully they still had some. She chewed one more shoe that is it. She occasionally grabs one and runs with it, but she hasn't chewed anymore since...hopefully ewe have broken her of it. And I cannot believe we've never had a dog before now...they are such wonderful pets :)

Erin- We think she is probably about 70 pounds or so, but she is just so loveable. It is fun to watch the two of them together and the kids are busy with them all the time :) Hope you are well, my friend :)