Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to all!

We spent a quiet night at home with each other playing games and watching movies...well, one movie. I fell asleep aroud 9:00, before the movie was over and the kids went to bed around 9:30. Matt was the only one who was able to stay up to ring in the new year...but most of the country was up with him- launching fireworks- LOUD fireworks! It was a good night, but we missed our tradition of being with the McCarty family on New Year's!

I thought I'd recap the year with a slideshow of some highlights. I'll admit, it was hard to go through the last year of photos. We've been here close to five months and I am really missing family and friends. What I wouldn't give for a hug from my mom and a good laugh that makes you cry with KJ- the kind where you almost can't breathe it is just so funny. I miss my "Tator-tot" (our niece Samantha). I miss Milky Way with my little sis...

The Lord has been so good to us this past year and bringing us here is the most amazing thing he has done for our family. But it gets tough to be away from all we've ever known.

We're looking forward to this next year. We look forward to the work the Lord has for us in Tejarcillos with eager anticipation. We are blessed beyond belief and so very thankful for our Savior Jesus Christ.

I had a conversation with one of Ethan's friends today at the park. He asked me what I wanted to do better this year. He wants to read his Bible more and eat healthy. He is praying for ways he can do this in the next year.

That is such a good question for all of us to ponder each year.

I told him that was a good question. One I need to really ponder myself...

We've got a few days left before the kids start school on Monday. We start back Wednesday. We are looking forward to getting back into our routine and learning more Spanish!

Enjoy the pictures and Feliz Ano Nuevo!


No comments: