Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Sunday, February 26, 2012

Weekend

Friday...
The day started out as many do...slow and patient, not rushed- just the way I like them.

Chai tea, my Bible, and my camera. In Romans, Paul tells us that the Creation sings of God, His existence, His eternal power, His invisible qualities, His divine nature.

Every morning, I am thankful for the view I have of some of His most beautiful creation. Each day, as I sit reading His word, I hear His voice speaking to me, through the words of His love letter, and through the wind blowing through the tree tops, and through the endless birds that swoop, and dive and soar and sing all around me as the day awakes.

"We have no excuse", says the apostle Paul.

We created each one of us. He calls to us through His very creation- the human being- as our hearts beat irregularly, fast and uneven, for as long as we run. For as long as we maintain our irregular, intermittent attitudes toward our Creator, our hearts will forever remain fitful, searching for the One thing that will forever and eternally restore our bleak condition. the condition of one eternally separated from her Creator. The condition of death that we all find ourselves in without an intimate relationship with our redeemer, Jesus Christ.

And so, each morning I am reminded of His great love for mankind, for me. I am reminded of His amazing grace, His favor, lavished on me, one oh so undeserving.

For many months, I've been studying through Romans with our three Potter's Field Kids interns, Janessa, Shaylene, and Karlee. I have learned way more than I could have ever taught them. Isn't that just the way God's Word is? Living and active, so that no matter how many times we read it and reread it- we continue to be changed by the ancient words. I simply love that about my Savior. That he has written me of His great, unchangeable love in the Bible. A book with such strength, so unique, because it is His inspired Word, every word in it came from His very mouth.

We studied chapter 15 this week. Many things stood out to me. But the Lord spoke clearly to me through verse 5:

"May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

All endurance (patience) and encouragement (comfort) come from our Creator.

How often we strive for a life of comfort from all things material and never stop to consider the source of our comfort- our Creator, God himself. Not the big house, the plush carpet, the leather sofa, or the big paycheck.

The source of our COMFORT is CHRIST Himself.

That is simply amazing. Christ Himself is the source of our comfort.

It is HIM, Christ, that brings about unity and harmony- like-mindedness- amongst those who follow Him, the children of God. As we follow Him, He changes us and brings about in us behavior fitting for one of His own. He does this so that all of His children, His family, may together, with one mind and voice, with one heart and mouth, glorify Him.

So refreshing to be reminded that it is not up to me in my weak, human state to bring about unity and harmony, nor be and feel and act the same as all my brothers and sisters in Christ. Christ himself, because He lives in us, unites us, makes the necessary changes in each of us, and join us in one glorious chorus of praise and worship that please our Father in heaven.

The Lord showed me this in our afternoon ladies prayer group, Friday afternoon after my discipleship session with the interns.

We sat around in a circle, a mix of women from varying backgrounds, spiritual upbringings and even different countries. But each one united with the other through her relationship with Christ. And each one sharing a special connection to the other as sisters in Christ.

Prayer requests shared and stories told. Each one began glorifying her Creator, giving thanks for His faithfulness,  His eternal power, His invisible qualities, His divine nature.

I simply love the way the Holy Spirit joins us during those intimate prayer meetings. I love how He really does unite our hearts as we come before His throne. We shared a wonderful time of praying for our lost loved ones and each other.

Later that evening. Ethan went to youth group, where there were about 25 youth present- the most in a long time. And many new youth Ethan's age, who've now passed the Bible Club age and entered the age appropriate for youth group. Friday night was their first night to be able to come. We specifically prayed for these young souls that afternoon and I was thrilled and thankful to hear so many of them had come.

Saturday was a nice relaxing day- the morning spent cleaning and  with a late breakfast and some long overdue reading  for me. I later took a friend to the grocery store and enjoyed our time together - as it is rare that we are together without our children (even though she had her littlest guy with her.)  :)

After dropping her off and returning home, we ate a yummy lunch and then a little more cleaning. It was off to the beach late in the afternoon. Despite a small setback (getting stuck in the sand...  :(  - thankful for the two men who pushed us out), we enjoyed a nice relaxing time spent on one of the many beautiful beaches we have around us. We were the only ones on the whole beach!

Thank you God!!

This morning, worship at Capilla del Calvario- again witness to God using the Holy Spirit uniting His people with one voice, one mouth, one spirit, one heart. Power goes out during worship service. Reiner keeps playing, God's people keep singing. Beautifully, one voice lifted in sweet harmony to our Great Redeemer.

A yummy, filling lunch, nice relaxing afternoon, completing laundry, girls playing with friends, time to reflect.

Be blessed today!

No comments: