Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Sunday, December 19, 2010

Twelve years

Today I celebrate 12 years of marriage to my best friend. I remember well the day we met. I remember well our first kiss. I remember well our first date. I remember well the day it became 'official' that we were dating. I remember our first Christmas together- 14 years ago. Meeting his parents, him meeting mine. Meeting Jesus together, learning to live a surrendered life together, getting married that cold, rainy December day- so young, never imagining what the future held...Now, years later, three beautiful kids, far away from anything really familiar, yet what is close slowly becoming familiar. Years of little, years of very little, years of plenty, years of not so plenty...really good memories, really tough memories; painful, yet fruitful.

The poem from our wedding day described him as my gift from God. Today, I believe that to still be true.

Matthew you are one of the most precious gifts God has given me. I thank Him for you. I love you.

No comments: