Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Friday, December 10, 2010

Thankful

My heart this morning is filled with thankfulness. Last night we en joyed a couple hours with over 50 kids and some 13 or so adults. We had the Bible Club Christmas fiesta and it was a great time. Christmas carols, cupcakes, crafts, yummy coke floats along with a chorus of "oooooooo...que rico!" and most importantly, hearing the good news of our Savior's birth and his offer of salvation to each one of us. If I sat and focused on all the things I wanted to see come of the last three months, discouragement would surely set in...However, I choose to look and therefore marvel, at the work of the Lord. I see His hand on these kids, I see His presence in their faces and their smiles, I see HIM all around me and my eyes brim with tears as I contemplate HIS majesty. I see Rafa, Gabriela, Karina, Anyelo...the list goes on and my heart swells more with each face. Chocolate icing smiles, focused concentration on making the manger scene just right, and joyful cheers as the pinata breaks...ten-year old Everth sharing with confidence how he knows for sure he has eternal life.

This past week with Doug and Karen has been beyond fantastic. I am not sure what our home will be like without them...different for sure. Doug has not had a minute where he has not been working at or fixing something. Karen has done more dishes than are able to be counted, here and at church. (Is washing dishes a spiritual gift? :)  )

I hope all of you back there that keep up on our lives through this blog understand the significance of your comments, emails, letters, and visits to us. They give us great encouragment, boost us up, lift our spirits, challenge us and just plain make us thankful!!!

I am thankful this morning. I am looking forward to a couple of hours this morning with Karen- hitting Tamarindo shops to browse around- something I've never done before! Then, we have a conference call, then lunch, then preparing for home fellowship tonight...getting packed sometime in between for our weekend trip to the city to see our friends in the ministry there. Looking forward to that and the time spent talking on the drive there. Looking forward to seeing La Finca, and all those smiling faces there. Looking forward to seeing Fabi, Rosa, Mariana and Valeria, and Mark and Meg in grandparent mode...all more reasons to be thankful...

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: