Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Saturday, November 20, 2010

Way behind...

I am so behind on posting and I must say I am sorry. We've been pretty busy lately and I have not had much time on the computer to blog...

Last weekend I had the privelege to be with 20 other women from Calvary Chapel church on the first ever women's retreat. We drove about 6 hours to La Fortuna near the base of Volcan Arenal. It was a beautiful drive (but there were some major fear-conquering battles going on for me as we crossed more bridges than I care to remember and some passages where the road had been washed out and there was barely enough room for one car to pass...) and we would our way all the way around Lake Arenal. The retreat them was Waiting to go Home and the teaching was so amazing. It was so awesome to see the friendships of the women go deeper in just a few days away from all the hustle and bustle of life and to break through some of the walls we as women sometimes put up. God is so good and the Holy Spirit really worked in the lives of the women present, including me! My roomates and I had some great girl talks, we ate tasty food all weekend, went to the hot springs which were AMAZING!!!!!, had natural mud facials (see pics here ), worshipped and praised Jesus, and got deep into God's word. The Holy Spirit in so many ways and it was such a joy to see him work in the hearts of the ladies. Praise Jesus with me for a great opportunity to minister to these ladies. Thank God for those that gave so these ladies could experience time away from their daily lives to meet with God and study his word.

We also had a great visit with our friends Steve and Kathy Glover and their daughter Ashley. They were able to see a little bit of PFK's, hang with matt and the kids while I was gone on the retreat, worship with us at Calvary Chapel and meet our church family here, and then we shared their last day here together. It was really great to get to know Ashley better and to see her bond with our kids, especially Audrey. Steve and Ethan had an adventure exploring the rocks on Playa Hermosa as did Ashley and Audrey. We had fun in the pool at their hotel as well. It is always such an encouragement to us to have visitors and we are so very thankful for those of who who have come to visit us. THANK YOU!!! And PLEASE come again!!! :) Unfortunately, I did not get any shots of us together...I don't know why??? So, hopefully I can get some soon through email and post them :)

Last night was the first night of home fellowship groups for Calvary Chapel. Three different groups started in three different barrios. We had almost 25 neighbors here last night, some from the church, some parents of kids we have in PFK that are not in the church, some who just need fellowship with other believers. It was a sweet time of study in God's word, sweet fellowship, and good food. It reminded me of our time of home fellowship before leaving for the field. Pray for those who came last night in our neighborhood and in the other groups as well. Pray for those who have not yet given their lives to the Lord. Pray for those who have not been active in the church to be obedient to Jesus and become active part of the body of Christ in the local church. We began a study on Who is Jesus Christ.

For some reason the button to attach pictures is not showing up for me today, so I cannot post any pics right now...sorry about that...

No comments: