Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Sunday, May 9, 2010

This is the day...

Ten years ago today, my baby boy was born. Our first child, a perfect little boy; so sweet, so perfect.

Today, he turns 10 years old.

The years have flown by. I look at him today and wonder where they have gone.

I remember his first days, his first smiles, his laugh, his carefree attitude about life. I look at him now in wonder at this little man God gave to us.

I remember our first Mother's Day that year he was born. And today, we celebrate both Mother's Day and Ethan's birthday.

What a gift today is.

This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

A wonderful visit this morning Rossville Presbyterian church family, seeing old familiar faces, receiving hugs, prayers and the love of Christ. Being in church with old friends and my mom.

Lunch at my favorite Frankfort restaurant, El Jaripeo, and a wonderful encounter with several, faithful prayer partners and church family members.

Back to our "home sweet home" for the nest month, a wonderful blessing given to us by wonderful friends.

Preparing for the birthday party, making the cake, talking with my mom and mother-in-law, brother, and niece. Finding out special things I thought were long gone, long ago lost, were actually right where they were when I left them...happy smiles!

Then a fantastic visit with an old friend from way back.

Sweet family time...singing Happy Birthday...eating cake and ice cream...

Now, absolute quiet as I recap the day.

Thank you Jesus for a sweet, sweet day. Thank you for a family that loves well, laughs often, and lives life for You.







No comments: