Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Mis disciplulos (My disciples)

It has been a great joy the last several days, talking with my neighbors. Last Saturday, they all asked me if we could spend more time together each week talking about the Bible then just the day of our study- they enjoyed it so much they want more than just one day a week! Praise Jesus! They asked me if I had time every day!

So, while it hasn't been every day, we've had several conversations and I've spent time there with them in the Word. They've asked some good questions that have sent me straight to the Word myself in search of the answers. So much fun!

They have alot of questions related to Jehovahs's witnesses because they have been visited by them many times. The really cool thing is that the seed of doubt has already been planted and they recognize that what the J.W.'s are saying is not the truth and they are asking me to show them the truth. I find the scriptures and then they read them and the TRUTH satisfies them! Praise God!!! May they fully understand, love and honor HE that is the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE!

Dinora had her verse memorized the day after we did the study. Ana almost has hers and Elvita is struggling somewhat.

Thursday we meet again to go over the study. Please pray specifically for this time with them because this first lesson coves salvation. I plan to share the gospel with them in its entirety because they have strong Catholic ties.

I'll get some pictures this week and post them soon!

2 comments:

Nathan and Sandra Kliewer said...

that is amazing Brook!!!! so excited to hear about how God is using you thank you for being exactly where you are!

Anonymous said...

Praise God! I am so excited for you. :) I am praying for you.