Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Friday, June 12, 2009

Happy BIrthday, Matthew

Today is Matthew's 34th birthday. We celebrated with cake last night with the team at La Finca and, of course, eggs! It was really fun. Today is a day of rest for which we are very thankful. We took Latrelle and Jacob and the Spencer boys to the airport this morning. There was a lot of traffic, so during the trip we had a really good talk with them all and it was a nice chance to get to know them all a little better. After we dropped them, off, we drove to the road at the end of the runway to try and watch a plane taking off. We were just in time to watch one take off- it was sweet! Then, thanks to a gift from a special couple that was to be used to celebrate Matt's birthday, we ate breakfast at Denny's. This may not be a treat in the states, but here it is. We've only been there once before and it is really good food! This afternoon has been spent relaxing and getting caught up on email and other things. We are about to settle down and watch some movies together and be in for the night. A great way to celebrate the day!

In honor of my husband, I wanted to share a few of the many reasons I love him.

1. He loves Jesus and seeks to be obedient to Him in all things.

2. He loves me enough to stick it out even when it is tough.

3. He is my best friend.

4. He is a great dad and he loves his kids.

5. He searches for the answers to life in the Bible and seeks wisdom and knowledge from the Lord.

6. He seeks and respects the advice of godly men.

7. He loves to share with others about how God has worked in his life and what God is doing in his life.

8. He is funny and goofy and loves to laugh.

9. He values family and seeks to keep us a priority.

10. He desires to be changed daily by the God who created him, saved him and loves him.

11. He desires the best for us.

12. He is a hard worker.

13. He is super smart and I learn so much from him.

14. He is very teachable and willing to learn and wants to be taught.

15. I love to sit and talk with him for hours after the kids have went to bed. We share our dreams, our hopes, everything...I love this about him.

16. He thinks differently than me. Yes, I've learned this is a good thing ;) Because of this he brings to me a different perspective and we make a good team.

17. He loves to play with the kids and shares special times with each of them.

18. He has always tried to make it possible for me to be home with our kids as much as possible. For this, I will forever be thankful.

19. His greatest desire is to serve Jesus wherever, whenever and with whoever God chooses.

20. He helps me around the house often, not just when I ask, but many times without any prompting.

21. He has made sacrifices to provide for our family; to follow God's leading; and to live the life God has called him to.

22. We've spent 10 years of marriage together and a few more before that getting to know each other, nurturing our love for each other, and each day, I grow to love him more and more. I am thankful every day to God for this man He has given me to spend my life with.

Please pray for my hubby today as we celebrate his life. If you think about it- send him an email or leave him a comment to encourage him today.

No comments: