Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Thursday, April 23, 2009

Mateito y Isa

Well, por fin (finally) Matt (Mateito "mat-A-ee-toe") is better. Tuesday evening we got some meds from the pharmacy, Zithromax and some heavy duty sore throat meds to soothe the sweeling and pain and today he feels (almost) back to normal. Praise God! THANK YOU for your prayers!

And today, I took Izzy to the pediatrician that saw her back in December for the asthma stuff, Dr. Martinez. He is really nice and good with her. Little things for me mean alot and he warmed his hands before he touched her back and the stethescope (just like Dr. Douglas used to do with the kids and Dr. Eller when I was little!) He also speaks decent English, which is important to me since we are dealing with little lives here :)

So, he really checked her out and agrees with me that there is something going on. She is not full blown asthmatic, for which I am thankful. However, she does have some irregular wheezing and the other things, like abnormal tiredness, weepiness and loss of appetite, cause him to be somewhat concerned. So, as a method of prevention, we've got another round of steroids and inhaler for the next two weeks.

So, we still ask for your prayers. He assured me that this is for prevention and that it was best that I had brought her in. Because without at least trying to prevent this from happening, it could possibly lead to a full blown attack. So, I am thankful for the mild symptoms to alert me that something, even if minor now, was going on, so we could do something proactive to prevent something major from happening.

THANK YOU again for prayers on her behalf as well.

No comments: