Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Saturday, February 28, 2009

Isabelle Adair

Isabelle gave me an update today of the days remaining until her birthday. She has been doing this for about three weeks now :)

(Makes for a good practical math review...heeheehee)

She said, "Mommy, there is only 11 more days until my birthday! I just feel....happy!"

I said "Why do you feel happy?"

She said, "Because I am turning 7, Mommy!" (Duh...I should've known that!)

Then she asked, "Mommy, do you know what the best part of my birthday morning is?"

"No," I said, "What is the best part of your birthday morning?"

"When you come into my room to wake me up singing 'This is the day, This is the day that the Lord has made, that the Lord has made. We will rejoice, we will rejoice and be glad in it, and be glad in it.' I love it when you sing that on our birthdays!"

Sometimes, it is the littlest things that make our children happy. Pray with me that we, as their parents, will not permit ourswelves to become so busy and distracted that we forget to make special time for them. Pray that we will take time to make special little moments in each day with each one of them. Please pray that we will continue to establish family traditions with them as they grow that will make lifetime memories for them.

No comments: