Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Thursday, February 5, 2009

Devotional time in the McClain house

Every morning, I set my alarm to get up before 6:00 am to have my time with the Lord. Almost every monring, Audrey beats the alarm to wake me up. She is very much like me in that once she wakes up she cannot go back to sleep. So she is usually up with me during my quiet time. This morning, as I began to pray, she came over to me and whispered something to me and I stuck out my to touch her as I have come to do, she stood there for a minute then walked away. After I had finished praying, I looked over at the couch and she had gotten her Bible out and was looking at it. I asked her if she had been sharing her time with Jesus and she said "yes, momma!" Our children can learn so much from our examples.

I also wanted to share with you that for several months now, Isabelle has spent a few minuites each night writing or drawing in her own perconal devotional book. Sometimes she writes out things she is thankful for, other nights she just simply draws a pictures as she thinks about what she is thankful for. But this is something that is important to her each night and she really enjoys doing it.

For about a month now, Ethan has been reading through Genesis and also doing his own devotional in the mornings. He has missed some mornings and it has taken him some time to get used to doing it every day, but each day, he reads one chapter each day and then answers three questions, "What is the main idea?" , "What does God want me to do today?" , and "What impresses me most about this passage?" I love reading what he writes and helping him walk through the things he struggles to understand.

Please pray for our children as they begin to walk and grow in their faith. Pray that their faith is something real to them and not something their parents talk about. Please pray too, as they grow and mature, they will seek to make decisionsfor Jesus.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Precious!! Thanks so much for sharing! Sweet ideas for each kid!! Love you!!