Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Friday, May 2, 2008

"It's a long way to Costa Rica!"

Just had to post about something my niece said today. It was too cute!

Today was the first time we were able to see her. She has had a real hard time understanding why she hasn't been able to come and see us, why she can't go to our house...that kind of thing. She'll ask my mom often to go see Aunt Brooke.

So, today when my mom picked her up and said they were going to go see Uncle Mac and Aunt Brooke Samanthat said, "Ging-ging, you can't drive to Costa Rica!" (My mom had already explained this once to her.) So, my mom tried to explain that we were staying with friends in Frankfort and they were going to come and visit with us.

Anyway, on their way out Samantha said, "Wow! It is a long way to Closta Rica!" (her pronunciation was C-l-o-s-t-a R-i-c-a). It didn't fit in her mind that they were still in Frankfort. She just thought they were travelling to Costa Rica!

So when she saw us she ran up and gave us huge hugs (I had to FIGHT to hold the tears back it was soooooo good to hug her!) And then she said, "we didn't know where you're house was in Costa Rica, Aunt Brooke!"

I said, "Sweetie, we are in Frankfort. This isn't my house. It is our friends house."

She said, "I live in Frankfort!" And then she just burst into giggles and thought it all was so funny! And then ran over and began playing with the kids again!

It is hard for adults to think about and process sometimes, but even harder for a 4 year old to process the changes in life. She is so sweet and it was great to hear her laugh and love on her tonight!

No comments: