Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Saturday, November 3, 2007

Mommy and Belle- classmates?

I had to share this with you before I forgot about it...

The girls love to have their hair braided and they ask me almost every morning to braid their hair. Unfortunately there is rarely time in the morning rush for me to sit down and braid their hair.

Fortunately, we have found some time to spare on a few occasional mornings and the girls have had braids for school.



Don't they look cute? :)

So, this week, Isabelle worked really hard to get ready quickly so I'd have time to do her braids (she works really well with a time limit and a goal so we are trying to allow her the opportunity to meet goals in this way and see the positive outcome of her hard work and good effort.) Anyway, to the really cute story. I braided Isabelle's hair and thought it looked pretty decent. (Sam (my little brother) never really liked me to mess with his hair, so I never had much practice doing girls hair growing up...so, now I get to practice on my girls- which sometimes ends up being a good thing- when the style looks good and sometimes it isn't so good...kinda like my cooking...but that's another story...)

So, I decided I'd try braids in my hair...I use to wear them all the time and I haven't in well...a long time. My hair is long now- about the length it was when Matt and I met- so it is a good length for braids. So I get done with the braids and walk out and Ethan says "Wow Mom- you look really cute! You like you could be in kindergarten with Isabelle!"

I had to laugh, although I am not sure how to take it really...anyway...it was cute and it will be one of those stories to retell to his future wife one day! He is so sweet and kind. He always has something nice to say to me and never passes up a moment to compliment me or try to encourage me. He is very thoughtful. And SMART! Report cards came out yesterday. Ethan received 4 A+'s, 1 A and 1 B+ ! He also received "Muy Bien" or "Excelente!" for everything in Spanish! He also made the weekly school newsletter for his progress in Spanish! He is really thriving in Costa Rica!

So...here's the picture of my kindergarten debut...(es una broma! it's a joke) Matt took pictures of our hair and Audrey wanted to be with us- she didn't want her hair done that day!






Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

oh my goodness thats adorable!! Audrey is getting so big! She is growing up so fast!!! :( I need to call sometime soon.

Audrey-I love you and miss you! :)

Isabelle-I love you and miss you!!! :) I am so proud of you for meeting your goals and listen to mommy and daddy so well!

Ethan-I love you and miss you!! I am so proud of you!! Your are doing so well in schooL! Keep up the good work buddy!


Matt & Brooke-I love you guys too! I miss you so much!!! Expect a call soon!

Courtney