Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Happy birthday, Isabelle!

I watched you last night as we sat on the balcony of the condo we are renting this week in Tamarindo. I watched you smile, you laugh, and joke around. I watched you and had to choke back tears. How have you grown up so fast? I still remember bringing you home from the hospital and your big brother Ethan being so curious about you. You were incredibly tiny. Your little feet, your tiny fingers - none of your clothes fit you. It seems as if life has flashed by at lightening speed. You are not that tiny baby anymore, but a young lady.  I hear you say now that none of your clothes fit you for very different reasons. You are growing up, little girl. It has been such a joy to watch you with your friends this week. Sis, always remember this gift that God has given you to spend your thirteenth birthday in a place you love so dearly with people who are so dear to your heart.

Every day of your life has been a gift to me. We have our struggles, though, don't we? :) But, isn't Jesus so good? He loves reconciliation and healed hearts and sins washed away and being the Rock for which His children can stand upon. He is (and has done) all those things for me and He is and has done all those things for you. I am so thankful that He has given me you to be my oldest daughter and even more so that you are my sister in Jesus! I love watching Him grow your heart to be more like His every day. It is not an easy path to follow Jesus, especially as you get older in years, as you have been discovering. That's why it is the narrow path and few go down it. But you have chosen to follow Jesus and there is no greater joy for me to see you walking in the truth.

Thank you Isabelle, for your love for Jesus. Thank you for the way you laugh freely, love deeply, and serve faithfully. Thank you for the many, many ways you choose to encourage those around you, including me. From the little notes you leave me around the house, or on my computer, or coming and sitting beside me and giving me that special smile just for me. God has given you the gift of encouraging and His Spirit lives inside of you, promoting you to let Him work through you. I pray that you would never stop Him from being able to work through you. I pray that as you continue to grow, you would desire that He be more in your life and that you would be less. I pray that you would desire that in everything you do, God would be glorified, and ultimately that you would live your life in that way.

You are an incredible gift in our lives! Today is your day! We celebrate your life today! We love you, Sis.

Happy Birthday!































No comments: