Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Ali mu gulu

Today, we went and picked Betty up and took her to the church to meet Eddy, Pastor Phil and Rebecca, and to show her around. We also too her around the community, and to the grocery store. She is so easy going and smiles all the time! She remarks often how similar life is here to life in Uganda. She was a little shocked at the prices and how much more expensive things are here, however. She had fun learning new fruits and veggies.

This afternoon, Betty was able to come with us to Potter's Field. We introduced her to Don Victor and Helyi and Erika. And, of course, the kids. She is doing her best to use the little Spanish she knows, but her smile breaks barriers like nothing else!

Matt asked her if she wouldn't mind teaching the kids some words in her native language, Luganda. She eagerly agreed. It was a fun lesson and the kids enjoyed it...as did the adults! She also taught us words in the language commonly spoken in the more rural areas, called Luo.

Then she taught us a song in Luganda. It was so much fun and all the kids LOVED it! Some of the kids wanted to teach Betty a song in Spanish so they taught her Jesus Loves Me (Jesús me ama). She picked it up and by the end was singing along with them!

We might even get ehr to teach the ladies the song tomorrow at worship practice and might be able to sing it on Sunday morning!


Ali mu gulu (He's in heaven)
Ne mu nyanja (And in the sea)
Yatonda egulu ne nsi (He made heaven and earth)
Era ali mu nze (And he's in me)
Anyimusa we mba musaba (He lifts me up when I pray)
Tayinze ku ndeka wo Yesu (He'll never leave me alone)
Ali nange (He's with me)

Chorus:
Tayinza ku ndeka wo Yesu (He'll never leave me alone)
Ali nange (He's with me)
Tayinza ku ndeka wo Yesu wange (My Jesus will never leave me alone)
Ali nange (He's with me)

We are so enjoying having her here and look forward to the next three weeks with her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish I was there to meet Betty.